Summit Christian School’s (SCS) mission is to inspire our students to cultivate a heart for Christ, a passion for learning and compassion for others. Our mission and purpose remain stronger than ever during these challenging times. When we left our campus on March 13th, we shifted to a distance learning plan in the context of a global emergency. We are no longer in response mode for a sudden crisis, yet we continue to enhance delivery of instruction in a current and post-COVID world.
The goal of Summit Christian School’s reopening plan is to provide re-entry that fosters the overall health of children, adolescents, staff, and community that we serve. The results of our parent survey revealed the vast majority of respondents (97%) favored being on campus for in-person instruction. Additionally, 97% of respondents stated they would be comfortable for in-campus instruction implementing the health and safety protocols detailed in this plan. The plan is based on the evidence that is currently available and will be monitored as new information or situations arise. We hold as true that not opening our school would be counter to scripture, and would have a negative impact on the spiritual, mental, behavioral, and developmental health of our students. We trust that this plan will provide a framework for safety when Summit Christian School reopens for on campus instruction.
Above all else we acknowledge that God is sovereign and in control of all things. God:
• Is above all things and before all things. He is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. He is present everywhere. Revelation 21:6
• Created all things and holds all things together, both in heaven and on earth, both visible and invisible. Colossians 1:16
• Knows all things past, present, and future. There is no limit to His knowledge, for God knows everything completely before it even happens. Romans 11:33
• Can do all things and accomplish all things. Nothing is too difficult for Him, or impossible with Him. Jeremiah 32:17
• God is in control of all things and rules over all things. He has power and authority over nature, earthly kings, history, angels and demons. Psalm 103:19
The following summarizes our current plan for school reopening based on the available evidence as well as expert opinion.
Please click the link to view Summit’s Reopening Plan. Summit Reopening Plan 9.21.20